SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Truth Casement Window Hardware

A professional from Branford, CT says:
Hello,

I need to replace the hardware on approximately 16-20 Schuco casement windows installed around the year 2000. These windows (for whatever reason...) have Truth hardware and many of the hinges and components are badly rusted and no longer function.

I will be sending a series of images (first file enclosed here) of the various components, because I am having trouble matching up the replacement hardware and your site appears to be very professional so I'm hoping you can help.

So, this file contains images of the Truth Crank Operator taken from the LH side of a casement pair (I need the RH replacement hardware numbers as well...). The handle has a 40085 stamp; the housing has a 45251 stamp. I have labeled the appropriate center distances for the split arms and mounting screws. The crank housing is white and the arms appear to be
User submitted photos of a window operator.
This file contains images of the Truth Top Hinge Assembly taken from the top LH side of a casement pair (I need the RH replacement hardware numbers as well...). The main rail has a 40620 stamp; the pivoting bar has a 31272 stamp. I have labeled the appropriate center distances for both the screw holes and the pivot distances. The components appear to be
This file contains images of the Truth Bottom Hinge Assembly taken from the bottom LH side of a casement pair (I need the RH replacement hardware numbers as well...). The main rail has a 40621 stamp; the pivoting bar has a 31272 stamp. I have labeled the appropriate center distances for both the screw holes and the pivot distances. The components appear to be
User submitted a photo of a window operator.
This file contains images of the Truth Bottom Track Assembly taken from the bottom LH side of a casement pair (I need the RH replacement hardware numbers as well...). The track unfortunately has no part numbers stamped on it. I have labeled the appropriate center distances for the screw holes taken from the left (
This file contains images of the Truth Actuator Pivot Plate taken from the bottom LH side of a casement pair (I need the RH replacement hardware number as well...). The plate unfortunately has no part number stamped on it. I have labeled the appropriate center distances for the screw holes taken from the pivot center (
This file contains images of the Q-Lon Weatherstripping taken from the sash and frame of the LH side of a casement pair (I need the RH replacement hardware number as well if the pieces differ...). I have labeled the appropriate sizes where I could, but it looks like the kerf dimension is approximately 5/16 in. wide x 1/4 in. high. The kerf is reinforced with plastic strips running down its length. The sealing surface appears to be approximately 9/16 in. across and is approximately 1/8 in. thick. In addition, I have supplied an end view of the weatherstripping. The material is white in color appears to be made of vinyl covered foam. I believe that each sash and each frame requires approximately 13 lineal feet of material.

Can you help me identify this component and provide a replacement part number, price and approximate delivery? As before, I need both LH and RH weatherstripping (if it makes a difference). Thanks very much!

Regards,
Mike
Contractor
User submitted photos of weatherstripping.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Good morning, Mike! Thank you for the detailed information, this is a big help.

The operators look like older versions of the 39-171 and 39-172, though it's hard to tell. Do you think these can work for you as replacements? You will need to pop off the clip at the end of the link arm and flip it around, but this can be easily done with a flat head screwdriver. The next couple of posts look like they're all part of the hinge, so see our 36-013-10 as a possible match. The brackets look like our 39-513 and 39-514.

I'm not so sure about the weatherstripping. I don't think we'll have an exact match, but see our 58-170. You might just be able to get this to work.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)