Truth Dyad Operator 39-316

A quick learner from Halifax Nova Scotia Canada says:
Hello;

I need to replace 7 Window Cranks. I tried the manufacturer (G-U) but despite providing a picture and exact measurements, they sent me something different from what I ordered. The result was a return and a refund.

I tried a local distributor. However, whereas the original part had the Pivoting Arm riveted on top of the Cranking Arm, for the recommended part, the Pivoting Arm was riveted below the Cranking Arm. The result was: when closing the window, the lowered Cranking Arm was dropping down into and catching on the inside of the Slider Track, and the window would not open because it was obstructed.

I am sending a picture with exact measurements in hopes of confirming if 39-316 will suffice as a replacement part. If so, I will be ordering 10 parts, i.e. including 3 spares. I presume the price is US Dollars.

I would like to know the return policy if the parts for some reason do not work as expected.

Please advise as soon as possible.

Sincerely, David
operator crank
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I agree, our 39-316 and 39-315 look to be our best matches. There are just two differences that jump out at me right away. The first is that your link arm appears to be longer than ours. Can you confirm that measurement? The next is that yours looks to have a detach clip at the end. You can probably reuse this, or otherwise pop on our 39-107 at the end.
A quick learner from Halifax Nova Scotia Canada says:
Hello Tom;

Thanks very much for responding.

First of all, my text mentioned 39-316; in fact it would be 39-315 as this matches the closed crank arm on the right. My mistake.

My measurements are correct. However, I measured the entire length whereas it would appear most measurements are taken from center of hole...if you know what I mean.

So it would seem the crank and pivoting arms are different lengths, but they are the same length in total. To me this means when fully opened the window would not open as much because the 39-315 crank arm is shorter...if you know what I mean.

My obvious concerns are: (a) when closed the described obstruction does not occur, and (b) the window fully closes, i.e. the total arm is not too long.

I think they will work and I will be ordering 10, once I hear a last reply from yourself. My hope is you concur with what I am saying.

As for the clips, I can reuse the existing clips. Then again, I missed that and did not price. If they are cheap, I will probably order as well.

Thanks, David
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I think you're on the right track, David. I'm hoping there will be some play in the arms to let them function the same. If not, let us know. We may have a few ideas on what you can do.
How to Replace a Discontinued GU Operator
How to Replace a Discontinued GU Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.