SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Truth Lock Assembly

A quick learner from usa says:
I have a royal home and the hardware is from Truth. A while ago I tried to open one of my locks and it was jammed and had a hard time getting it open and ended up bending the back part of the latch. I have a window now that when you put the lock all the way to the bottom, the mechanics no longer touch and sometimes the rail falls. It has jammed a couple of times when I tried to unlock where I had to use all my force. If I open the window and put the latch down, the rail falls. I'm worried about jamming again. Any ideas.

I believe the hardware is LH Truth Lock Assembly

Product Code: 38-099
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Sounds like by forcing the lock, you could have bent or broken some parts of the locking mechanism. You will have to that a closer look at the lock to determine what happened. If you want, you can send us some photos to help you solve your problem. It would probably be best if you try removing all the hardware from the window so that you can see everything clearly.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)