SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

"Truth" casement crank handle Jeldwen window

A landlord from Saint Paul, MN says:
Apparently these casement windows have become difficult to close all the way. My tenant broke the handle on the right window and has been using a pliers rather than tell me about it. (Remind me why I have rental units again...)

I took pictures of the intact crank handle (left window) and the broken crank handle (right window). The crank arm says "Truth". It is a Jeldwen vinyl casement window.
Please tell me I can just buy the handle and not replace the whole mechanism. I'll be your new best friend.

*please note (unless I am mistaken) the handles are not interchangeable. I can use the intact crank handle on both sides (only took me 2 minutes to figure that out but my tenant used pliers for 18 mo...) but it does not nest in the fancy plastic cover.
User submitted photos of a window operator.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
If the operator still opens and closes the window with a pair of pliers, then it should be okay. Check out our 39-375 and 39-376 and see how these match up to your handles and covers.
A landlord from Saint Paul, MN says:
You are now my new best friend. I also found a slew of other parts on your site. I had no idea I could repair the venting locks. Or the tip out lock- where have you been all my life? Oh yeah, probably right here.
Thank you so so much!
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Haha, not a problem! It was my pleasure. Let me know if you have any other questions, I would be happy to help.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)