SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Truth crank style windows may be stripped

A home owner from Sandy, Utah says:
We have several cranks on our windows that do not work. Some of them you can open the window but when you try to close it, the entire piece of hardware comes out. I have included several pictures so you can see what they look like. I also took a picture from the outside (outdoors) of the window when opened so you can see the hardware inside. Is it possible for us to just order parts and do you think the entire part would need replacement? The window sill has been painted over so much not sure if we can just prop up the wood but there are two screws holding the wood together so possibly. I watched some of you videos and they were very informative so hoping you can help. Also I did see a number on the part that opens it and it was 30744 if that helps. Thanks so much. Jan Schalla
User submitted photos of a window operator.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
It's hard to tell what you have based on these pictures. Much of the operator is obscured. I think you might have our 39-031 and 39-032, but the only way to know for sure is to remove your operator from the window and compare our specs to yours. See the video below for help on how to remove the sill cover.
A home owner from Sandy, Ut says:
Thank you so much. Those were exactly the ones we need according to the dimensions. We will order one to see if it works and than go from there as now we must try to pry the wood up as well.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)