SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Truth sash keeper

A home owner from Lynden, WA says:
I have two Truth casement sash locks that I need to find keepers for. The previous owner removed them for painting but never reinstalled them. The hole spacing for the keeper is 1 3/8". The latch sash lock is 3" wide and has the number 40226 on the back. The latch hook is aprox. 11/16" from the edge of the lock. Could you please recommend the correct keeper for this lock? I would think it would take a keeper that is 11/16 to 3/4" but I do not see one on your site. Thanks, Don
User submitted photos of a window lock.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Don. I believe the old Truth locks used our 38-051 keeper.
A quick learner from Billings, Mt says:
The picture of the Truth casement sash lock from the guy in Washington on May 5, 2015 with the identification number 40226 is what I need. Any help in finding one or a replacement lock? Thanks Scott
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
This is an older lock that is no longer made. The newer replacements are our 38-097 and 38-098. However, you will also need a new keeper, since the older 38-051 will not work with the newer models. See our 38-079 instead.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)