SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Truth window closer 45034-LH

A quick learner from USA says:
Please see the attached pictures of my Truth window closer.
The part number is 45034-LH and it does not show up in anyone's catalog or listing.
Do you have a replacement?

I did see this discussion last week http://www.swisco.com/discussions/Truth-45034-LH-_-RH-77-46931 at your site but the part in the picture looks like it has a longer arm and a roller on the end. I assume you saw the pictures I sent, the number is the same as the one in the discussion but in one of the pictures I sent they look different. My part seems to have a shorter arm and instead of a roller there is a slide on the end.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Hello! I think we can help, but I'm afraid your pictures didn't come through. Can you try sending them again?

Don't worry about the stamp numbers printed on your part. Those aren't reliable. What matters more is function and size.
A home owner from Buffalo, NY says:
The length of the arm, from the edge of the housing to the end of the slide, is 7 3/4 inches.
User submitted photos of a window operator.
Profile picture of Dave
The length of your arm, and the bearing at the end of it, are a little atypical. We do have the 39-254 operator, which has a 7-1/2" arm, but it has a nylon bearing at the end which takes the 39-505 track. Take a look and see if you could adapt this hardware to your window.
When looking at the 39-254 I see the 7 1/2 dim is to the center of the gear. Mine is 10 inches from the end to the center of the gear. A local distributor suggested a Swisco part number 45135 which also has a nylon bearing on the end but seamed like it was the right size. It had an extra hole in the mount but did not seam to be an issue. They thought it would be best to ask you about it. Do you know anything about that part. And I also assume that with the nylon bearing I would need to replace the track for it to work properly, Thanks
Profile picture of Dave
Thanks for clarifying! That number isn't a SWISCO number, looks to be a stamp perhaps found on an operator. Stamps found printed on operators aren't the best method of identification since they're always being changed by the manufacturer.

We don't have anything with a 10" arm, but how about our 39-028E and 39-027E? Their arms are 9-1/2" from the center of the bearing to the center of the gear. I don't think that 1/2" will make any huge difference. These work with the 39-533 track.
If it has the same mounting structure and hole pattern I would like to try it. I'll look at the web site and go from there, thanks.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)