SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Trying to find replacement casement window weather stripping

A handy person from Saint Paul MN says:
I have casement windows that were installed in 1970. The windows are in good shape and just needs replacement weather stripping. I have posted a pic of the weather stripping profile. It is very hard plastic and I am guessing it's because of the age.Was hard to remove. Can't find anything matching at any of the stores ie home depot.
User submitted photo of weatherstripping.
Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
Take a look at our Bubble Seal section. What's the diameter of the bubble portion of your seal?

I'm thinking the 58-055 bubble seal with angled base looks like a close match, but I can't quite tell if that's how your seal was designed, or if that is just a deformity.
A handy person from Saint Paul MN says:
The bubble part is compressed from age, it's elasticity is pretty much gone, it's probable more shaped like a tear drop. Bottom portion is what goes into the 1/8 to 1/4 inch groove in the wood window and is shaped like a "V".
User submitted photos of weatherstripping.
Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
What is the diameter of the bubble portion of the seal?
A handy person from saint paul MN says:
mesures approx. 3/8" x 3/16"
User submitted phot of bubble seal.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
I think our 58-055 is the closet replacement to your original weatherstripping.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)