SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Trying to locate replacement hardware

A home owner from USA says:
I am trying to find replacement wheels for two older pocket doors.

Attached are pictures of the wheels I am trying to replace.


User submitted image of their closet hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid we don't have a match for that the metal housing, but we might be able to replace the nylon wheel. See our 23-140 closet door roller with rivet and compare its dimensions to what you have. Could you get this to work?
A landlord from Lebanon, Ohio says:
Thanks Paul ! That looks like the wheel that I need. From the two pictures I can't tell how this wheel will attach to my bracket. The current wheels are riveted to the bracket. Do these replacement wheels bolt on or rivet on ? If they Rivet on, is there a special tool I need to form the rivet? Any further help or advise would be great.

Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Great! Glad to hear it matches. The 23-140 comes with it's own rivet. You will need to drill out the rivet in your old housing, then set up a type of plate or anvil to lay the roller on so that you can use a hammer to flatten out the new rivet in the housing, thus securing the wheel.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)