SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Trying to verify Channel Balance numbers

A quick learner from Jacksonville, FL says:

I have these balances on several windows. I have various damages to the upper guides, the window sash guides/balance hangers, and balance pulleys. I'm looking to replace all my channel balances but the stamps aren't listed anywhere I can find. The stamps read 29 6bsi and 23 9bsi. I have attached the images of just the 29 6bsi, the stamp are identical for the 23 9bsi. I'm looking to match the stamps to some I can find online. Thank you.

User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for posting, Aaron! I'm afraid I can't cross reference these stamps. If possible, can you please give me the weight of the sash for each one? That is usually the most efficient and reliable way to determine what stamp option you need.
A quick learner from Jacksonville, fl says:
Woah, so it's been a while. We got busy. I finally weighed my sashes and they are:

Thank you.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for getting back to us. I know you're looking for a 24" long and a 30" long balance, but I'm not sure how these two lengths correspond to your sash weights or the stamps you mentioned before. Can you clarify as to what sash weight goes with what balance?
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)