SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Tryng to identify weather stripping from the bottom of the upper sash window

A quick learner from White Plains, NY says:
I have some CertainTeed Sash windows that are about 14 years old (I was told they were installed in 2001).
I think that the bottom of the lower window can use 58-154 weather stripping as a replacement but I can't identify the weather stripping of the bottom of the upper window. I have enclosed a photo.

It appears to have the same size 3/16" measurement for the portion that inserts into the window. The rest of the weather stripping is 1/2" long, with the longer side from the "T" pushing up against the lower window when the window is closed.

Do you have any products that match this?
User submitted a photo of weatherstripping.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I don't think you want the 58-154. That is used on the bottom of a door, not a window. Take a look at the following weatherstripping and see if anything I've picked out could work: our 58-050, 58-171, and 58-135. Let me know!
A quick learner from White Plains, NY says:
Oops. I mis-typed. The weatherstripping of the bottom of the bottom window is 58-164 (not 58-154).
None of the three you suggest are close to the weatherstripping I have in the photo above. The "T" portion is similar to 58-171, but there is clearly no circle. There is a fairly flat piece that protrudes slightly on the side of the lower window to create a seal. You can see that in the photo. I just pulled off one end of the weatherstripping to give you a good profile of it - but you can see it in place going off the top of the photo above.

Do you have any other suggestions?
Thanks.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid we don't have anything exactly like yours. Would you consider converting to wool pile? This is normally what's used on the sides of widows, especially with a fin seal. Take a look at either the 58-021, which is 3/16" tall, or the 58-127 which is 1/4" tall. I would think a wool pile would glide easier in the side channels, as well.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)