SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Tryng to identify weather stripping from the bottom of the upper sash window

A quick learner from White Plains, NY says:
I have some CertainTeed Sash windows that are about 14 years old (I was told they were installed in 2001).
I think that the bottom of the lower window can use 58-154 weather stripping as a replacement but I can't identify the weather stripping of the bottom of the upper window. I have enclosed a photo.

It appears to have the same size 3/16" measurement for the portion that inserts into the window. The rest of the weather stripping is 1/2" long, with the longer side from the "T" pushing up against the lower window when the window is closed.

Do you have any products that match this?
User submitted a photo of weatherstripping.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
I don't think you want the 58-154. That is used on the bottom of a door, not a window. Take a look at the following weatherstripping and see if anything I've picked out could work: our 58-050, 58-171, and 58-135. Let me know!
A quick learner from White Plains, NY says:
Oops. I mis-typed. The weatherstripping of the bottom of the bottom window is 58-164 (not 58-154).
None of the three you suggest are close to the weatherstripping I have in the photo above. The "T" portion is similar to 58-171, but there is clearly no circle. There is a fairly flat piece that protrudes slightly on the side of the lower window to create a seal. You can see that in the photo. I just pulled off one end of the weatherstripping to give you a good profile of it - but you can see it in place going off the top of the photo above.

Do you have any other suggestions?
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid we don't have anything exactly like yours. Would you consider converting to wool pile? This is normally what's used on the sides of widows, especially with a fin seal. Take a look at either the 58-021, which is 3/16" tall, or the 58-127 which is 1/4" tall. I would think a wool pile would glide easier in the side channels, as well.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)