SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Tumbler for 82-002K is too short

A quick learner from kelowna british columbia says:
I ordered a new 82-002K handle set with keyed lock
The tumbler supplied (13/16) is too short. The original tumbler is 1 inch. The little tag does not engage because the tumbler shaft is not long enough. Unfortunately the first set I ordered I broke a piece and had to order a new set. So my door still does not lock with a key
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
13/16" is the standard length for the key cylinder on most doors. You say yours is 1" long. I would like to see a photo of your original key cylinder along with its measurement to see if we can identify a better replacement. You also say the lock you ordered broke, how did that happen?
A quick learner from west kelowna says:
Dave, I broke the lock trying to place the slider that the key tumbler moves up and down, for some reason it was loose in the bag, the replacement order was fine. In the pic its fairly obvious the old tumbler is longer than the replacement. The old one measures 1 inch, do you need a pic showing that? Sorry its a little fuzzy, had to take it with my tablet
User submitted photos of a patio door lock.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
I do see a difference in length, but I don't think it's so much that it would render the new one inoperable. How thick is your door? the 82-002K is only meant for 1" thick doors. That might be what the problem is.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)