SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Twist balancer

A home owner from Avondale arizona says:
Can you guide me in the direction of what part i need. It is 3/8 and 29" long. It weights about 21 lbs and has a clip on shoe.
User submitted image of their window hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. We should be able to make this balance, though it will need to be a custom made product. Before we continue, can you tell me the length of the inner spiral? The best way to measure that is to place the balance upside down on a table so that the top of it is pressed flat on the table top. Then, push in the spiral until it hits the table and simply measure the whole thing.
A quick learner from Avondale, AZ says:
hello,

i will measure it as soon as i get home. any reason why it would be a custom product? looks like a standard 3/8"x29" with a 15-142 shoe.

thanks
A quick learner from Avondale,az says:
I am getting 30" using the table top method from one end to the other (including shoe). However, I dont see the tip end nor the color.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks. This has to be custom made because we have to rivet the 15-142 shoe onto it. Don't worry, custom orders aren't really a big deal on your end. I'll just be emailing you a special product link that you can add to your cart. You can then continue shopping as normal.

With no tip color, can you give me the weight of your sash? That will allow us to determine the proper spring strength. I would also like to know how many you're interested in. That should be everything we need to get started.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)