SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Two doors need different fixes

A handy person from Payson, AZ says:
I have two doors with different problems. Both are basically the same handle. Problem one: I have a handle that has a key lock on the outside but no way to lock it from the inside. (see picture) Can I get just the inside part of the handle with the pull lever?
Problem two: I have a door that has the same handle, it has the inside lever but no outside lock. It has the circle to cut out. Can you insert a lock in that hole?
User submitted photos of patio door handles.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hmmm... it looks like you have a handle similar to our 82-069. If this is the case, then for the thumb lever I recommend that you consider our 82-106. For the keyed lock, check out our 82-310. Let me know what you think.
A handy person from Payson, AZ says:
The lever looks correct. Does it just slip in. Do I just cut the tab out of the other handle and insert the lock?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
No, you would have to remove the handle before you place the thumb lever where it needs to go. Check out the video below to see what I mean.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)