SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

U.S. Patent # 2135397; Pat. Canada1986; 30614, 30893

A quick learner from Chebanse, IL U.S.A. says:
The screws holding the housing to the window frame have rusted off and are rusted into the housing. I am unable to remove them without striping the housing threads. I need the entire crank with housing, crank and gears.
Also need instructions for the easiest way to reinstall this item. I unscrewed the entire window panel from the jamb to remove this crank. Otherwise, I could the get a screwdriver into the screw head.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Can you show us a picture of the hardware in question? That would be a huge help. Once we have that we will work on finding a solutionf or you.
Resending photos again (3rd or 4th time); I am sending two-three replies to include more pictures.
User submitted image of their window hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Perfect, this picture is just what we needed to see. Take a look at our 39-187 and 39-188, I think you'll find these match well. If you also need the bracket at the end of the arm, see the 39-508.

As for installation, it's fairly easy. You simply slide the operator into the hole in the sill and screw it in, then screw the old bracket (or new 39-508 if you go that route) to where it goes on the sash. We also have a video on this general type of operator that may help.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)