Unable to unlock slider door

A quick learner from Belgrade says:
We are unable to unlock our slider door. I removed the brass handles on the inside and outside and found your company name - but no part number.Am enclosing pics of the handles as well as on of the door and frame with the silver box which contains the piece the lock hooks onto (the frame is on the left, the door and trim on the right, with the trim covering the holes for the handles, etc). Turning the lock apparatus with a screwdriver in the bottom hole (it turns just a little) does not unlock it.

My question - is there any way to get this unlocked? Are we going to have to tear the door frame out? Yikes

Don
Handle
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I don't see the "silver" internal mortise latch you speak of. You said you did put a screw driver in the latch, but could not get it to unlock the door. Try turning the latch again and push the back of the sliding door toward the jamb were the keeper is installed. Maybe by taking off the pressure on the keeper you will be able to unlock the door. Another thought might be to go out side and try using a crow bar or flat bar up under the siding door near the lock to see if you can free up the lock. Take note when using a crow bar under the door use a small piece of wood under the bar so not to damage the track.
A home owner from Belgrade, MT says:
The silver box I referred to is in the picture I sent of the door and frame. It is barely visible because the door cannot be opened more than a crack and the box is visible in the small crack only.

I did try the latch turning while pushing the door toward the jamb before I wrote in. Will try to raise the door from outside and see if that helps. Thanks for the suggestions.
A home owner from Belgrade, MT says:
Was able to get the latch open by more vigorously and repetitively shoving the door toward the jamb while turning the latch toward the open position. Took the mechanism all out of the door and then to the local business which put the door in. They replaced the mechanism from the door, which I installed. Now all is good!

Thanks for your help.

DB
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Great! Glad you got everything working.
How to install the 82-218 Mortise Lock
How to install the 82-218 Mortise Lock
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Install a Kawneer Commercial Door Pivot
How to Install a Kawneer Commercial Door Pivot
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.