SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Uninstalling 81-280

A home owner from Illinois says:

I have a 30 yo glass sliding door from Chicago Door and Window. One roller is defective. The door appears to need an 81-280. How does one get the old roller from the door? I see not screws. Also, is there a replacement roller, if in the furture the 81-280 is not available?
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
In order to remove the 81-280, you will need to remove the bottom rail off the sliding glass door to access the mounting screw, which is underneath the glass in the bottom rail. Unfortunately, there is no substitute for the 81-280 roller at this time, due to its unique style.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)