Using 40-183 on an Andersen 4000 door?

A professional from Minneapolis says:
I'm looking to buy two Andersen 4000 series doors but I do not like the aesthetics of their hardware and would be interested in your 40-183 lockset. They sell their locksets separately so if I sent you a photo of their handle set, could you determine if it would work as a replacement? Thanks.
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid that the 40-183 will not work for your Andersen 4000 storm door. The Andersen 4000 series doors have a "quick change" feature in the handle set; that is, a button that allows for the handle to lift all the way up and disengage all the tabs holding the glass or screen panel in place.
A quick learner from Minneapolis says:
Thank you for your response, Donna.

It looks like the Andersen series 3000 storm door does not have the "quick change" mechanism you mentioned above. Have you seen the 40-183 used in this door? Also, since I have not bought a storm door yet, what Mfr. doors do you typically see the Swisco 40-183 used in? Thanks again!
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I've never seen the 40-183 on an Andersen door. This is a generic handle set that is used by a variety of manufacturers, but Andersen tends to be more specific. Can you show me a picture of the storm door handle set you have installed now? That will give us a better idea of what you have and what may work. Please also give us detailed dimensions.
A quick learner from minneapolis says:
As mentioned in my early message(s), I have not bought a door yet.

I like the Andersen 4000 but do not like the aesthetic of their hardware, as it does not fit the 1952 rambler that we have spent a year renovating. The 40-183, aesthetically, is closer to what I'm looking for and may base my door selection on the hardware (assuming I can find a quality door). What doors are the 40-183 typically used on?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Like Dave mentioned, the 40-183 has been used on a variety of doors over the years. If you want an idea of how they look, you can browse through the previous customer discussions we've had for this handle set. You can see many pictures of older storm doors that are compatible with this handle. There is no list of specific brands or models that used it, unfortunately, since it is a generic part.
How to install the Swisco 40-049 Mortise lock set.
How to install the Swisco 40-049 Mortise lock set.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.