VIKING WINDOW BALANCE PART #2090 F RS 31

A home owner from Rio Oso, CA says:
I need to replace many blances for windows, era 1990. Metal channel is 21 inches long x 9/16 inches wide. Approximately 6 windows need parts.
User submitted a photo of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid I can't quite tell what your nylon attachments are. Can you take a few closer pictures of them both? That will help me find a good replacement. Can you also tell me what the weight of your window sash is?
A quick learner from Rio Oso California says:
These windows are installed in my Ranch Home 135 miles away.
I will need to go to the ranch to weigh the sash and get back to you. The sash are dual glazed and rather heavy. Would it make more sense to just send the balance to you so you can see it first hand?
I will get back to you in a few weeks with the information you request.
Thanks for your help.
Profile picture of Tom
While seeing the balance would help, it would be much faster and easier for you if you were to just take closer pictures of the attachments. We also would not be able to tell what strength spring you need just by holding the balance in your hand. We will need to know the sash weight for that. Thank you!
A quick learner from Rio Oso CA says:
26 1/2 lbs window sash and please see uploaded pictures for replacement part. I need 20 pieces.

Thanks so much again for your assistance.

Cheers,
Bud
A customer submitted image of their channel balance attachments.
Profile picture of Tom
Perfect, thank you. I now need to figure out what that bottom shoe is exactly. Check out our 15-001 and 15-002 and tell me which is a closer match.
Comparison of 15-001 & 15-002
Comparison of 15-001 & 15-002
A quick learner from Rio Oso, California says:
15-001 appears to match 1 1/8" at base
Profile picture of Tom
Thank you. That should be everything we need. Check out S395-21 with the 2050 option. Two balances with this option can carry a window sash weight of 23 through 27 pounds.
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.