SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Velux Skylight Operator adapter snapped inside assembly

A handy person from Dix Hills, NY says:
Velux Skylight Operator Adapter
Product Code: 39-550

I want to purchase the above because the old one snapped and part of it is still in the assembly. Can this be removed? I would assume I would have to take the Velux Roof Vent Operator apart. Would I have to drill this out or can it be popped out after I take the Velux Roof Vent Operator down and apart?

As you can see, the thinner piece that goes into the crank assembly sheared and is still in the assembly.

If you can advise, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Tommy D.
User submitted photos of skylight operator hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting, Tommy. This is actually a frustratingly common problem, and one which has no easy solution. Taking apart the operator is probably the only route to take, but even then there's no guarantee you'll be able to get the piece out. I am sorry we cannot offer a more definitive solution. This seems to be a major flaw with these operators.
A handy person from Dix Hills, NY says:
Thank you Tom. I will take apart the assembly and try to drill out the broken piece. Hopefully, I can get it out. Then I will order the part. Oh well...thank you again for getting back to me. It is really appreciated!

Tommy D.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)