SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Velux skylite help

A home owner from South Lyon, MI says:
I have a Velux skylight in my bathroom. I also have a blind to provide some shade. The window crank-handle has a 1/2" hex-type "coupler." I need to get a shorter handle to accommodate the blind. Apparently the trouble maker in my situation is the 1/2" hex spline/coupler. Is there any adapter available to help me attach a suitable shorter handle? This has really become a pain .... Thank you in advance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid there is no shorter handle currently made for this operator. This is actually pretty common issue with crank-out type windows, whether they're casement, awning, or skylight. Most standard crank operators simply aren't compatible with blinds. You may need something specifically made for your type of window that won't interfere with the operator hardware already installed. I'm sorry we can't offer a better solution.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)