SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Vent Lock

A handy person from Portsmouth, VA 23707 says:
I own windows which the vent locks are broken. The locks look very much like yours, I just need to determine for sure if yours will work and if I need the narrow or wide. How can I determine that? I think my windows may be Winchester, but not positive. They are very old. I may have an old lock that fell out......Also, is it possible to replace the lift handles?......and what would I need to replace to keep the upper part of the window from automatically falling down as soon as I unlock the windows!?! I can't afford new windows at this time.
Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
First, measure the vacated hole where the vent lock was located. Second, take a look at the Swisco 26-116 Window Sash Lift Handle, and see if it is similar to yours. You may also want to upload photos of your lock so we can help you research a replacement. It also seems as you need to replace your window balances, so you will also want to send us photos of them as well.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)