SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Vent lock 26-362 vs. 26-219

A quick learner from Middletown, NY says:
Hi,I realize these items are intended as replacements and you do sell aftermarket vent locks (pricey! and seem like they only lock one sash, yes?). Anyway, let's assume I am competent and wish to install vent locks in vinyl double hung, tilt-in (I forget the manufacturer - it's been 15 yrs), and all things being equal with dimensional space to install, other than price, what is the benefit of going with part number 26-362 vs 26-219?

I will need 24 pcs. for a sun room application with 12 windows.

Thanks for your reply
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
There really isn't a benefit of one over the other. They are two totally different parts used in different instances. You should choose a replacement that is identical to your existing vent lock. If you do not have an existing vent lock, then I don't think either of these will work for you. Instead, you should consider our 26-387, which is surface-mounted and can work for a wide variety of windows.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)