SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Vent lock replacement, how to insert

A home owner from NJ says:
I need to order a few vent locks but am wondering how you insert them into the 1" x 3/16" opening in the 2800 series window because there is a metal rod in the middle of the opening (photo attached) that appears to block any depth for the lock insert. (I tried to push on it but could not move it backwards, only a bit to the side). Is there a special tool or technique for inserting this type of plastic lock? Thanks in advance for sharing your insight and expertise. I never would have found these locks if it wasn't for this great resource on your website!
Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
Can you submit a photo of your original vent lock?

In the meantime I will speak with our window expert on any tips and techniques for your vent lock.
Thanks, Mike. It is the same vent lock shown earlier in the thread. Photo attached just to be safe.
User submitted photo of missing vent lock.
Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
Can you take a picture of a vent lock that is still in working condition? The vent lock opening does not help.
My apologies for attaching the wrong file. Here is a picture of the removed vent lock. It's the same vent lock in your thread entitled "Safety clips for Series 2800 Patriot/Ply-Gem Windows" Thanks!
User submitted phtoo of vent lock.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Take a look at the 26-338 Sash Stop.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)