SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Vent locks for existing windows

A home owner from Maryland says:
Can these vent locks (product code 26-219) be installed on existing vinyl windows?
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
SWISCO product 26-219, vent lock, is a replacement part, not for new application.
A quick learner from Pittsburgh, PA says:
Can the Swisco vent lock, product 26-219, be installed into an opening that is about 1-1/32x3/16?And will it work in a slider window?
Profile picture of Paul Sr.
Paul Sr. from SWISCO responded:
The 26-219 vent locks are for use on vertical double hung windows. I have not heard of anyone using these for a horizontal sliding window, so I do not know if they will work in your case.
A home owner from Upper Midwest says:
I had new windows installed last year and they did not have anti-sash lifts / vent locks. This looks like the perfect product. I would guess that I'd create a jig so I can repetitively cut the slot to install the vent lock. I'm thinking I'd use a mini-router. Do you agree? If so, what size bit should I get and/or how wide/long/deep should the opening be? This is in reference to the 16-219 vent locks. Thanks for your help!
Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
The 26-219 vent lock is meant to replace your existing vent lock.
Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
We've recently added the 26-387 Vent Lock Kit, which can be added to any window, even if you don't have an existing vent lock.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)