SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Verifying a patio door roller

A home owner from Calgary, Alberta, Canada says:
I have three 26-year-old patio doors, I am not sure of the original manufacturer. The rollers appear to be like your 81-030, and were marked as "Delmar Hardware Toronto".

The dimensions match with the 81-030, in terms of length (3 1/8), width (3/4) and height (1), and have wheels with an outside diameter of 1 1/4 inches and in inside diameter (in the groove) of 1 inch.

The bearings have worn on the wheels such that the race appears to be oblong and the wheel can be readily moved back and forth over the axle.

I am looking to get replacements, ball-bearing and long-lasting, but I want to confirm that the replacement would work ok, at least as far as you can tell from the pictures that I have attached.

The pictures provide a view of the rollers and the location in the door.

Thanks in advance - Tom O.
User submitted photos of their sliding door with Delmar Hardware Toronto stamped hardware.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
You say your roller housing height is 1", but the 81-030's height is 1-1/8" tall. Take a look at the 81-138, which is a similar roller with a 1" housing height. The 81-138 roller does have a 1-1/8" diameter versus your roller's 1-1/4" diameter, but the wheels can be adjusted to make up the difference.

By the way check to see if your track has any ruff spots on it maybe that is why your rollers wore out.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)