23" Viking Sash Balance

A quick learner from Scotts Valley CA says:
When I search for Viking balances for non-tiling window, it comes up with S370-24. The metal channel section is 23" long. Is this the right part? The balance part number I found on the bottom of the mechanism is 2240.

Do I have the right part and right size?

Sam
User submitted picture of channel balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for sending us your pictures, Sam.

The Series 370 does not look like the correct replacement.

The balance Series is determined by the combination of your balance attachments. I can identify your top attachment (the bottom image) as the Swisco 19-005. Take a look at this guide and see if you can identify your bottom attachment:
Diagram on how to choose between the 15-001, 15-002, 15-004, and 15-005 channel balance shoes.
Diagram on how to choose between the 15-001, 15-002, 15-004, and 15-005 channel balance shoes.
We have your channel length as 23" and your stamp as 2240. After you identify your top attachment we will be able to identify the correct replacement Series.
A quick learner from SCOTTS VALLEY CA says:
The bottom part measures 1 1/8" and does NOT have wings. The plastic guide is slanted at about 30 degrees and extends about 1/4" below the metal channel. It does not have the 45 degree chamfer and bottom normal to the metal channel like the 15-001 shown, but it might work any way since there is no real connection to the window frame.

Please let me know the assembly number and I will order a pair immediately.

Thanks,

Sam
A quick learner from SCOTTS VALLEY CA says:
In reviewing your catalog the right parts look like -

S390-23 with option 2240 (Matche channel part number?) - 2 each

and I think I may need Top Sash Guide on One side, so -

18032 Black Top Sash Guide - 2 each

Please advise if you believe these are correct.

Thanks,

Sam

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you very much for the information, Sam. With a winged top and a non-winged bottom shoe, it appears that you will need a S395-23 with the 2240 option.

As for the top sash guide, I'm not quite sure what would go best. If you'd like, you can upload a few pictures of your current hardware and we can try to identify it.
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.