SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Viking mortise lock

A home owner from Fremont says:
Hi,
I have a viking sliding door series 8500. My Mortise lock is broken and wanted to replace it or order new assembly. Would you have it available?
Thanks,
Anuj
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
We might be able to help, yes. If possible, please remove your mortise lock from the door and take a picture of it for us to see. Please also provide your dimensions. That will help us find a good match.
A quick learner from Fremont says:
Hi,
I have lost the lock (I didn't put pencil in last hole) in the door.
If that's the only way, then I could try and get it out. One possibility is to fish it out using strong magnet. Any other way?
Thanks,
Anuj
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hmmm... if it fell into the door, that may be a big clue in and of itself. One mortise lock that has that issue is our 82-218. Could this be what you have? One way to confirm is to measure the hole opening in your door, as well as the spacing between the two screw holes. Then, look over the measurements we have for the 82-218 to see if it can fit in the same spot.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)