SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Viking window channel balance

A home owner from Corvallis, OR says:
I need two channel balances for a non-tilting Viking sash window (circa 1991). I've attached pictures of the top and shoe. The channel is 1/2" wide and 27" long with 2640 stamped on the side. From your pictures the shoe looks like either 15-002 or 15-001 and the top is 19-005. Unfortunately none of the Series have this combination of top and shoe. Can you identify what's wrong?

Thanks,

Jack
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting, Jack. We need to confirm what that shoe is on your old window balance. Between the 15-001 and 15-002, which is closer?
Comparison of 15-001 & 15-002
A home owner from Corvallis, OR says:
It is just under 1-1/8" so 15-001 is the closest match. How can I order this combination?

Thanks for your help, this is a great service and website.

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you! That should be all the information I need. Take a look at the replacement window balance S395-27 with the 2640 option. This series window balance should be a good fit for your Viking window.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)