SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Vinyl Repl Window Bal / Shoe ?

A contractor from Greensboro, NC says:
I have a customer that has about 6 vinyl repl windows that one balance on each side is not working. I've learned from your website about the components. I realize both sides may need to be replaced for best operation. The coil balances are still in place. Looks like the shoe has broken off. Should have got a picture of one ? Need a few pivot bars also.

Can you help identify these parts for replacement and how to proceed ?

Most importantly do I need to remove the window and head track to remove / replace the parts ? I don't see how they would come out otherwise ?

Thank you
Steve G.
User submitted photo of their vinyl repl window parts.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I am sorry, I do not recognize your set up. All I can suggest a new complete set up.

For the sash labeled 6+6, use (2) S160-6 springs with the 15-111 pivot shoe, 15-150D spring support, new pivot bar 26-241.

For sash label 7 R, use (1) S160-7 with 15-111 pivot shoe, 15-150 spring support, new pivot bar 26-241.

We have a tool 75-069 that makes it easier to remove and install the pivot shoes. Here is a discussion on a couple different methods of removing shoes from the window track.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)