SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Vinyl Sliding Patio door handle - double mortice lock

A quick learner from Michigan says:
I have a broken handle AND a broken lock mechanism on my white vinyl sliding glass door - picture attached - it's 3/4" wide maximum, 6.3125" on center for the inside screws and 7.75" for the outside screws. I need the mortice lock and a new handle - can you help me get this repaired??
A customer submitted photo of a sliding glass door lock.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for posting. We are working on acquiring a possible replacement handle. However, this part is not yet available. We will post an update on the discussion board as soon as we have more information. Please allow about eight weeks.

In the meantime, please take a look at our 82-240 Multi-Point Mortise Latch lever. Do you think this might work as a replacement thumb-turn?
A quick learner from Michigan says:
That looks like the right thumb lock but not sure from the picture. Our handle has a broken casting where the bottom screw threaded into the handle and the mortic lock is broken so I won't order anything until you have the completed set. Any ideas how long out we may be talking here?? Thank you in advance for answering!!
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for your patience in this matter. Please take a look at our new 82-068 Mortise Style Handle Set and see if you think this will work for you.
A handy person from Canton, MI says:
Thank you for your reply - yes, that does look exactly like what I need
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)