SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Vinyl Snap-In part identification

A quick learner from Indiana says:
I have a strange set up with my window snap-ins. The windows are Aluminum Casement windows. The vinyls snap-in's are a 2 piece setup. the top part appears to be the following part: Product Code: 55-014

The bottom I have not been able to find on your site so am hoping you could either direct me to an alternative part that will do the job of the bottom piece or replace both pieces, since the bottom part alone is not wide/tall enough to cover the glazing on the pane.

Thanks!
User submitted photos of vinyl snap in window part.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! I'm afraid I don't quite recognize this glazing. I don't believe we have an exact replacement, but please see our 55-164. This looks somewhat similar. Do you think you could use this as a substitute? Let me know!
A quick learner from Indiana says:
I don't believe that part would work. If you look at the images. I have the part 'upside' down so my thumb is resting on the bottom part. That piece actually snaps into a groove in the Aluminum frame and not between the frame and the glass pane. Also the little lip on the top part actually allows 55-014 to clip into this piece and lengthen it enough to completely cover the glazing.

I'll take more pictures of an actual window with this installed to give you a better idea.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you! That would be a big help. Let me now when you have the pictures.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)