SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Vinyl Window Balance Replacements

A professional from Morrisville, NC says:
I have taken a window apart trying to find something that is a mfg or mfg code.. nothing just certification markings. Anyway I need 9 of the parts in the pictures. Qty 3, where plastic tub is 35.5" loing and spring is 14.5" long and Qty 6, where plastic piece is 25 1/4" long and springs is 13.5" long. I did not measure the length of the string. Can you identify these parts?
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. Looks like you have something like our Series 870 balance. Check it out and let me know if you agree. Take note that you do not need to measure the spring. The Series 870 page shows the best way to measure length.
A professional from Morrisville NC says:
Hi Paul,

Yes the S870 does look very similar. Does it matter than on my windows the balances are flipped? In other words what the Series 870 pages describes as the top is the bottom on my windows.

Also the bottom piece where the tilt out window pivots appears to be significantly larger. attached are a couple of pics of the bottom pivot thingy that the spring attaches to. it is ~1.5" tall and just under an 1" wide. I am guess the window track is considered to be an 1" wide and obviously this bottom black piece sides up and down in the track. Let me know what you think. I appreciate your time and efforts.

A customer submitted image of their balance shoe.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Aha! I'm glad you uploaded an image of the shoe. This is a very important part of your balance. Seeing this, I recommend you instead consider our Series 850 balance.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)