SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Vinyl Window Bubble Seal

A home owner from Loveland, OH says:
I am trying to determine if your part #58-131 is compatible with the images provided of my seal on vinyl windows? The width of the rail is about 6/32" to 7/32". The bubble does not have the additional appendages shown in #58-131. I have about 20+ windows where I need to replace this bubble seal. The windows are about 18 years old and the bubble seals are virtually useless as they are flat and do not seem to keep out the elements. If you need a sample for a closer look, I can accommodate. Thank you!

P.S. Just purchased from you (12) Spiral Balancers, Pivot Shoes and a spiral tool and everything came out perfect. Replaced old coil springs that gave out finally. Thx!
User submitted photos of bubble seal.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. If you are using this weatherseal for the bottom of the sash, so that it closes on the sill, then I think the 58-131 is a great place to start. Those extra appendages shouldn't get in the way.
A home owner from Loveland, OH says:
The Bubble Seal #58-131 you recommended arrived today. I cut a piece for one of the windows requiring a new seal and it fit perfectly in the sash rail! Thank you for confirming the dimensions. This seal is so much better than the original bubble seal. I will be ordering additional liner feet in the near future.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)