SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Vinyl Window Latch

A home owner from Wadsworth, Ohio says:
I am trying to select the correct window latch for my vinyl windows which are ~15 years old. I cannot find a manufacturer for the window. I included three pictures of the left side latch. The latch part is 2 5/8" long and 11/16" wide on the top. The movable latch sticks out 7/16" and has a curved edge. The part is 3/8" tall measured from the bottom of the part to the underside of the top edge. The bottom portion of the part is 9/16" wide.
User submitted photo of their window latch.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I think our 26-298 and 26-299 look pretty close. They have that same kind of curved "tooth." See what you think.
A home owner from Wadsworth, Ohio says:
Paul, two more questions:
1. Do you have dimensions of the bottom of your suggested part (26-298/26-299)?
2. Do you have the dimension for the gap between the top lip of the latch and the plastic guides on the side of the part? I want to make sure they are similar to my exisitng part.

Thanks again!
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
1. The bottom dimensions are 5/16" x 2-5/8"

2. The gap between the upper lip to bottom lip is 1/8".

I hope this helps.
A home owner from Wadsworth says:
Paul,

I received the 26-298 and 26-299 parts yesterday and they fit perfectly in my window. I appreciate your help and will keep your company in mind for future needs.

Thanks,

Ken
User submitted a photo of a tilt latch.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)