SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Vinyl Window insulation

A handy person from Pen Argyl, PA says:
Last Nov.purchased 58-021. 3/16" width slides in to track, but the pile is too high.... windows won't close when attempting to push back in to frame. Cannot find 1/8" high pile in your inventory? Windows installed in 1991. Don't know mfg, but for some reason the name "Ideal" comes to mind. May be you recognize photo of tag. Can you help me out with a shorter pile?
User submitted photo of their weatherseal.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Our 58-004 and 58-059 both have a height of 1/8", but they have a 9/32" baking. I wonder if it is the fin seal on the 58-021 that's making it too tight. Otherwise, the dimensions may be okay. Take a look at our 58-002, it has the same dimensions as the 58-021, but without the fin seal. That could be worth considering. You could also give the wool pile a "shave" with a single edge razor blade. I have done that in the past to bring down the height.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)