SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Vinyl sliding door roller replacement

A quick learner from Indianapolis, IN says:
I have what I believe is a Polaris sliding patio door that is tough to open. The door is probably 15 - 18 years old. I was wondering if you could give me some tips on replacing the rollers. I have been able to get the sliding panel off, but I don't see how the rollers can be removed. There is only one screw visible for each roller and it appears to be the adjustment screw. It also appears as if the frame is welded so I can remove the bottom of the door. How would I go about replacing these rollers?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Robert
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
I'm not sure what the problem could be. You mention that you only have one screw. I would check to see if you see another hole in the same area, regardless of whether it has a screw or not. That could be the hole for the adjustment screw and the other screw that you see is the one that holds the frame together. If not, send us some photos of your door and where the screw is and we can try to come up with something.
A quick learner from Indianapolis, IN says:
Thanks very much for your response. I've looked all over the bottom and sides of the door and there are no other openings or screws to be seen. I can see the end of the screw when I look up at the rollers and when you turn it with a screw driver you can see the end of the screw turning. However, it doesn't appear to be adjusting the roller height at all.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
In that case, it might be best to send us some pictures of what you can. Maybe we can figure out what you can do after that!
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)