Vinyl window handles

A home owner from Ellensburg, WA says:
I would like to purchase some of your window lifts to install on my vinyl windows where the original ones have broken. They were the pop out kind that were inserted into a long vertical hole that was drilled into the frame. Your lifts (#26-116) would cover the hole nicely and provide me with a way to slide the window open and shut. My only concern is drilling holes into the vinyl and making sure the screws are set in securely. I have drilled many small holes in my vinyl fencing to attach holders for hot tape and it has been no big deal and worked very well. Do you think I will be able to do the same on my windows?

Thanks, Kathy
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Kathy. I can't say for sure what will work. Can you show me a few pictures of your old handle? It may still be available.

That said, if you're happy with the 26-116 and if it will work, you could install it with a short screw like the 33-080. You don't want to drill into the sash too far, since that would risk damaging the glass.
SWISCO Window Sash Lift Handle, 26-116
SWISCO Window Sash Lift Handle, 26-116
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.