SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Vinyl window weatherstripping

A home owner from Austin Texas says:
Please see attached photo of a window seal that I am trying to replace. I believe I have identified this weatherstripping on your website. I believe it is the .187 T-slot Foam filled bulb weatherseal. The t-slot on my sample is 3/16". The bulb is approximately 3/8" diameter. The total height of the weatherseal is 7/8".

The windows were installed in 1998. I do not know the manufacturer. I cannot find any identifying marks on the windows. This seal is installed on the exterior bottom of the sash. These are single hung vinyl windows. They look a lot like the Moss windows I saw in one of the posts.
User submitted a photo of bubble seal.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I recommend checking out our 58-182 to start and seeing how it compares to your own sample. If they differ in any way, let me know exactly how.
A quick learner from Austin, Tx. says:
My sample is very similar to the 58-182. My sample does not have the small fin on the bottom of the bulb. The diameter of the bulb on my sample is the same as the 58-182. Likewise, the width of the T-slot on my sample is 3/13" just like the 58-182. My sample is 7/8" tall. What is the height of the 58-182? I think the 58-182 is a close match to my sample if the overall height is the same. Thanks.
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for contacting us! I think the 58-183, bulb seal, is closer to what you are looking for. The 58-183 weatherstrip has a 3/8" diameter bubble, the T measures 3/16", and the total height is 7/8".
Profile view of 58-183
Compare and let us know what you think.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)