SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Vinyline window parts failing

A handy person from Scranton, PA says:
Hello!
I have Vinyline windows throughout my house and parts are failing fast. So far I have had failures with tilt locks, tilt carriers, and constant force balances. I attempted to contact the company and their 'service' is as worthless as their warranty.

The tracks in the side of the windows are 1.25" wide x .5" deep with and opening of .75". I could find no part numbers on anything, but hopefully with the track measurements I can get something to work. I will attach images of the parts and will be happy to take more should you need them. The tilt carriers are basically disintegrating and I have no recovered an intact one yet.

Thank you for your attention to this matter. With the tilt carriers failing, I have two windows I cant put back in and it is starting to get cold.

Jon
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Your top sash tilt latches look like our 26-092 and 26-093. Check them out and see what you think. As for your balance system, it has actually been discontinued by the manufacturer for some time. They recommend our 15-158 pivot shoe with a Series 152 spring. You will need our 33-072 screws to attach the spring to pivot shoe. Some other parts you may need, if the originals are broken, are our 15-143, 15-144, and 15-145. Let me know if you agree with my suggestions!
A handy person from Scranton, PA says:
Thank you for your quick reply and assistance. I am going to replace the parts in one window, and if all works well, I will replace parts in all my windows.

I just want to add a note of appreciation- although I am only 20 years into a 30 year warranty with Vinyline, they were absolutely no help and couldn't/ wouldn't even give me parts numbers. Your service has more than compensated for their incompetence and ineptitude. Thank you!
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
It was my absolute pleasure. If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask!
A home owner from venice, ca says:
I"m having the same problem with inner plastic parts breaking, some the same as the writer from Scranton, PA. I'm going to look at the parts you suggested and see if they look as if they'll work.
Thank you, Vaj
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)