WHERE DOES IT ATTACH ON THE SASH

A home owner from PENNA says:
I have all the parts for a anderson split arm operator 1361318 and 1361210 rh hand bracket with post where does it attach on the sash. At one time I think the sash was replaced but the crank arms where never hooked up because there no holes for the bracket on the sash. please advise
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting!
First, do you have the correct sash brackets? If not, please see our 39-160 and 39-161.
See if you already have the holes in the sash for the brackets. They would be located near the hinge side on the bottom rail of the sash. Keep in mind that you will have to open the sash to see on the bottom so that you can look for the holes.

If you don't have the holes, you would first connect the correct sash bracket to the operator arm. Then, close and lock sash. Turn--or crank--the operator in the closed position. Check to see where the bracket holes would be and mark the sash accordingly. Then, disconnect the sash bracket from the operator.

For the next step you might have to remove the sash. You will have to drill two 3/32" pilot holes for the installation screws using the marks you made on the sash to get the correct position. Let me know if this information has helped.
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.