SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

WINDOW OPERATOR PART

A home owner from Long Island NY says:
Hi,
Problem is I can't crank window open. Gears keep slipping. Part name that I read was "Del Martronto Made in Canada" Window is approx. 15 years old. PN on arm reads 21550. The brass color arm has Maronto written on it. First arm is approx 4" from crank 4" wide handle assembly, Window cranks open to the right side. Maybe we can start with this info and I can supply you more if needed. I would appreciate any help that you can give.

~Susan
User submitted photos of a window operator.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for posting. How about our 39-317 & 39-318? Could either of these work for you? Take a look and let me know what you think.
A quick learner from Long Island NY says:
Hi Tom,

Thank you for taking the time to check this out for me. I will go ahead and order the part you suggested. Is there any other hardware that will be needed? If this works I will need for you to set me up to repair the other window. That one being more difficult, because there is totally nothing at all except the locking mechanism. I will send photos of that one after i get the other window repaired.
This is great! Keep our fingers crossed. Thanks again Tom!
S
Profile picture of Tom
No problem! I'm glad I could help. I don't think you'll need anything else, as you should be able to reuse much of your hardware. Maybe give everything a once over and see what looks worn or damaged.
Hi Tom,
I received my parts today and WOW! All parts fit perfect. As a woman, I am proud of myself that I repaired it all by myself with your help. Now on to the other side which needs everything. I will be sending some pics soon for your expertise again..... Great company to deal with!
Susan
Profile picture of Tom
That's awesome! I'm so glad it worked out, Susan. Please let us know whenever you can get those other pictures to us.
Hi Tom,
Well one year later I am getting around to fixing the other side of the window which had no hardware at all.
I just received my new order of replacement parts and was wondering what size and quantity of screws do I need for 36-013-10 2-Bar hinge Set. Thought it came with them.
Hopefully this weekend this job will finally be tackled!
Thanks you, Susan
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Sure thing, Susan! See our 33-078, this should work for the 36-013-10 hinge set.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)