WIll 70-205 hold up in the cold?

A home owner from South Bend, Indiana says:
Hi; Re; Plastic retainer clip 70-205, Would this be suitable to stand up in winter weather on the outside of house ? My octagon window has an outside storm window pane that had six tin metal clips similar to 70-205 that held the storm window glass in place. Do you think these might freeze and crack in zero temperatures in Northern Indiana ? I didn't see any like this made of metal or white vinyl coated. Thanks.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
You are correct, the cold and the sun could make the nylon brittle. You say you do have metal clips now holding in the panel. I would suggest to paint them. You might need a primer first, though. Talk to a local paint or hardware store and see what paint they suggest.
A home owner from South Bend, Indiana says:
Thanks for the reply. But No, I do not have metal clips now. They all rusted, cracked and broke and the storm pane almost fell out. I need to find replacement metal clips. Still looking.
Thanks.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Let's see... we do carry a 5/16" offset metal clip. See our 70-034. It's 1/16" taller, which might even work better, but if not you can file down the height. Let me know what you think!
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.