WIndow Parts for Viking Tilt Window

A quick learner from San Francisco says:
I've attached 4 photos I took of the window parts I need to order for a Viking Tilt Window. If I could get two of each part for each side of the window that would be great. Fortunately there is a model number of the window on a stick which is one of the included images. Sorry that the picture of the side spring assembly is misaligned. Hopefully you'll be able to know which one it is based on the model number. Thanks very much! Rob
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Hello! Thanks for posting. Based on what I know about a Series 9540 Viking Window, and on what I see in your photos, I have compiled a list of hardware I think can work for you. You can see what I recommend on the right side of this page. Keep in mind that you only need to replace the components that are broken; if something is undamaged, there's no reason you can't reuse it!
Thanks Paul. Everything you listed make sense. If I could just ask for some clarification on photos #2 which shows what appears to be 3 tandem coil housings stacked on top of a coil housing pivot. Am I understanding that (according to my photo) that I'll need 3 tandem coil housings and 1 coil housing pivot plus one 5 lb series 180 coil balance for each side? The window does not stay open so I would imagine that replacing these 10 parts (in addition to the others) will take care of that? Thanks very much! Rob
Profile picture of Paul
Actually, I believe you have four coil springs on each side. Three are in the 15-086 housing and one is in the 15-087 housing pivot. Before you buy anything, first check to see if the coil springs are connected to a mounting bracket like our 16-024. The reason you sash won't stay up is likely because of the coil springs.
I see what you mean. Yes, if you look in the picture you can see the top of the spring coil is just sitting there. The mounting bracket is much further up. Is there a video or handout on exactly how the coil attaches to the mounting bracket? My guess is that I would pull the top of the coil up with a screwdriver and hook it over the end of the bracket. Is that correct? That would make sense then that there is simply no tension. If this is all correct then I think I'm set to order my parts. If you could please confirm that would be great. Thanks! Rob
Profile picture of Paul
We don't have a video, but we do have an illustration that may help. The two holes just clip onto the bracket.
Detail of 15-086
Detail of 15-086
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Window Tilt Latch
How to Replace a Window Tilt Latch
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.