SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Wardrobe casters with convex nylon rollers (we think)

A handy person from Monrovia, CA says:
We recently order Qty. 8, part #23-232 rollers believing they were the correct part based on the pictures and dimensions. Unfortunately they don't seem to be correct, or at least don't work with the track. The picture on your website made it difficult to tell if the roller was concaved or convexed, but everything else seemed to be the best match. They fit just fine in the frame of our mirrored closet doors, but they don't sit well in the track.

Please inform us as to which is the correct item #, and how to make an exchange/return of the ones we just received.

Cordially, Susan
User submitted photos of a closet door roller and track.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Sorry to hear the 23-232 didn't work for you, Susan. For future reference, the product description on the store pages mentions that the 23-232 uses a concave wheel. Is that the type of wheel you need? It's hard to tell based on your images.

Have you tried adjusting the new rollers to raise the door off the track? That may help. It also looks like the runners in the track are damaged or bent from using broken wheels.
A quick learner from Monrovia says:
Hi, thank you for the quick response. We need a convex wheel since the concave didn't fit in the track. I think the track is a little scratched but it is not dented or bent anywhere so I think we are okay. Is there a convex wheel (one that will fit into the track)?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
That is strange! I didn't know a convex version of this roller was ever made. Could yours have been custom designed? If possible, can we see a profile shot of your track? Either a picture of it removed or your best illustration. Seeing the shape of the profile may help us find something for you. Thank you!
A professional from CA says:
There are at least 4 rollers on every pair of doors. Are all four missing the plastic part? Can you find even a piece of one of the old wheels? I'm having trouble believing this track requires a convex wheel.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)