SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Weather Shield Jamb Liner Removal?

A quick learner says:
Hello -

I don't quite understand how to remove a Weather Shield Jamb Liner to get to the Balance devices. I saw the video on this website but my jamb liner does not have screws/cover. I assume you use a putty knife to pop it out but want to make sure before I break something.

Windows were new installs on new construction ~2006.

Thanks for your help.
Tom
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Hello, Tom. Sounds like you have tilt-in windows. I suspect that the jambs are actually held in with pressure from the sash. If you remove the sashes, you should be able to just pull the jambs out.
A quick learner says:
Thank you Paul. Yes, they are tilt-in double hung windows, upper and lower. I also have a request into Weather Shield but they have yet to respond. I will remove windows to see if I can just pop the jambs out.
Tom
A contractor from Seymour, WI says:
Yes the jam liners will pop out with a little help from a putty knive. Just becarefull not to crack the wood with to much putty knife pressure. Easy to replace the balances from top of jam. Knive point must face interior.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)