SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Weather Stripping

A quick learner from Wisconsin says:
We purchased a 10 year old house and on almost all of our windows the weather stripping is short about 1/2" or 3/4" causing us to get rain leaking through into the drywall inside the house. Also proving a nice nesting area for box elder bugs and Asian beetles.
I assume this isn't normal and I should replace the weather stripping with the appropriate length.
I attached a picture to show what I am describing.

Thanks for any information on this.
User submitted a photo of weatherstripping.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Yes, your weatherstripping should cover the whole edge. I can't tell what you have based on this picture, though. Is there any way you can remove a small sample and show us its profile? Seeing its shape is important. Thanks!
Here are some pics of the weatherstripping around the windows (two different kinds). Any ideas what kind I will need to fix this issue? Thanks.
User submitted photos of weatherstripping.
Profile picture of Tom
Thank you! This almost looks like our 58-170. Compare its dimensions to your own sample and let me know how they match up.
In the first 3 pictures, the weatherstripping is a different type. Does it look like 58-156 or 58-135? Thanks!
Profile picture of Tom
I'm afraid I can't tell. I actually didn't know the first three pictures was different! Is there any way we can see a shot of its profile? That is, I would like to see it from the same angle as your fourth picture. That angle is perfect for what we need. Thanks!
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)