Weather Stripping Needed

A home owner from USA says:
I was wondering if anyone familiar with the size of brush weather stripping for the sides of MI Windows where the sash meets the frame. Our house is only 1 1/2 years old and I had a window serviceman replace some with slight larger weather stripping, but was wondering if I could do it myself. So I talked to MI Windows. They told me it is a standard brush pile. They also told me they are welded in place and aren't designed to be replaced. The thing is, I had a serviceman that used to work for MI replace a few that were showing gaps. I just didn't want to have to pay for it again since the house is less than 2 years old. This is why I wanted to do it myself. Your thought and advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you.
User submitted photos of wool pile.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Our 58-127 is very poplar for vinyl windows and seems to match your dimensions. check it out and let me know what you think.
A handy person from PA says:
Do you have one with the same base, but somewhat larger pike height. Greater than 1/4 inch. Thank you
Profile picture of Paul
Hmm... we have the 58-158. It is slightly wider at the base with 7/32", but it is 5/16" high.
A quick learner from PA says:
One more question. What is your advice for placing the strip in a channel that was previously welded. It looks like one side of the T channel was crimped making it difficult or impossible to slide new stripping in the T channel. Thanks again for your help.
Profile picture of Paul
Sure! I would carefully open the crimp channel with a sharp flat putty knife by sliding it under the lip, which should allow the weather strip in.
How to replace wool pile weatherstripping
How to replace wool pile weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Cut Out Pile Weatherstripping
How to Cut Out Pile Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.