SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Weather Stripping for Weathervane Wood Windows

A quick learner from Seattle WA says:
I have a glass replacement business in Seattle WA and re routinely deal with Weathervane Wood Windows from the 80's - 90's. You have a great site! Hopefully a couple of your products will fit the Weathervanes so I can renew the weather stripping on their windows as we replace their old failed windows. Do you know if product 55-106-6 fits in the Weathervanes? Do you know WHICH of your products fit the Weathervanes? Thanks!
Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting on the discussion board. I hope we can help.

I cannot say what particular weatherstripping will fit Weathervane windows, but I can offer some suggestions of weatherstripping that is used with wood windows. Take a look at the 58-053 Bubble Seal, the 58-055 Angled Bubble Seal, and the 58-170 Foam Filled Seal.
A home owner from seattle says:
I have the same weatherstripping problems with weathervane windows on the sides and bottoms. Did 'Quicklearner' have any success? The windows are perfectly fine.
A quick learner from Seattle says:
I have weathervane windows and need to replace the weatherstripping pieces on my windows. Please see the attached photos. I've looked at the different types you suggested for wood windows but I also saw another thread that recommended this type #58-056. When you look at my weatherstripping what do you think or recommend that I purchase?

Thanks, Brian
User submitted photos of their Weathervane wood window weatherstripping.
Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
Take a look at our 58-056 foam seal. This seal is not usually used in wood windows but it looks a lot like your Weathervane seal. It is hard to see the measurements in your pictures so try to measure your seal and match up those measurements to the dimensions found in the 58-056 product picture. Let me know if you think it is match.
A home owner from Mukilteo, WA says:
I had two 5' Weathervane casement windows replaced in my house, but the supplier did not have the gasketing for the weatherseal. I wore out three hardware stores looking for a a replacement. Thanks to SWISCO and this forum, I was able to use the 58-056. It is an exact fit for my windows, and installation was a snap. The only difference between these and the original is the color, and the gasket face is textured differently. The price was great, the shipping was a bit steep, but the customer service (when UPS lost the package) was great. Many thanks! With Weathervane out of business, there are a lot of 15 year old homes in my area that are going to be needing these!
A distributor from Bothell says:
I make the replacement weathervane windows locally here in seattle , i purchased all the inventory from vander-hoek whom used to manufacture these wood windows 80's-90's , From the looks if the pictures , all these seals will work fine the round bulb weatherstripping works on the trimline weathervane sash Wich has a slot to push the moulding in , and the other door weatherstripping will work on the classic casement Wich is the crank open style sash window , most of these windows are in very nice homes in mukilteo , sammamish, Kirkland , woodinville
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)