Weather seal to fill 1/2" gap

A home owner from New Albany says:
Need help. I am replacing a weatherstripping product that looks like your 58-008 for an exterior steel front door. My issue is the gap I'm trying to fill is 1/2" ... assuming some compression is needed, I think 58-008 will work per Dave's professional comment below from an earlier online discussion with another customer. (I've copied the comment below) I've measured my closed/latched door from the outside and need to snuggly fill a 1/2 inch gap. The product I removed has a 3/8" kerf. 5/8" wide. Please help! Dave's comment: "Looking at the 58-008, it appears that the magnetic seal will expand up to 7/16" to fill the gap. You say yours is 3/8" up to 5/8". If you have magnetic weather stripping like the 58-008 then this should fit. This type is used by many door manufacturers."
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. I think this will fit a 1/2" gap, yes. The magnetic seal used at the top and on the handle side sticks out to something more like 9/16", and can compress, while the bubble is about 5/8" tall.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.